Sunday, August 4, 2013

Operation 9 Months Off - Week 1



Well, it's been one week since I shared where I am starting out postpartum and my goals for where I want to end up by next here - let's see how I did! 

Here's a reminder of the rewards I have planned for reaching weight loss goals:
Reach 0 point (post-Owen/pre-Noah weight): Get my eyebrows done
-5 pounds: Massage
-10 pounds: Manicure/pedicure
-20 pounds (pre-Owen weight): New woven wrap - a shortie 
-30 pounds: Haircut/color
-40 pounds: Overnight date/mini vacation 
-50 pounds (goal weight): New wardrobe (I'll need it!) 

How did I do this week:
Overall, not well at all! We left Wednesday morning when J was post-call to head up north to J's parent's house - then Thursday morning we ventured even further north to visit a lake and spend the weekend fishing and enjoying family cabin time for Owen's birthday! It was a great time, but long road trips don't really facilitate exercise or sticking to calorie goals (we decided to cheat and not count car snacks - because they are a necessity!) 

Activity Goals: 
1. Workout/video 3x/wk - FAIL - didn't do this a single time :(
2.  Run/walk 3x/wk - FAIL - didn't run a single time either
3. Stay under calorie goal 6x/wk PASS (sorta) - I was 350 calories over one day this week and under 6 days (except for car snacks one other day, but those don't count, right?!)
4. Reach 10,000 steps 4x/wk FAIL - 1/4 days
5. Reach 10 flights of stairs every day -  FAIL - 4/7 days
6. Drink 100oz of water/day - FAIL - 2/7 days - although 6 days I had over 48 oz which is fitbit's water goal

Measurements: 
Waist (smallest point): 35" - +1/2in
Hips (largest point): 45" - +1/2in
Arms: 12" - same 
Thighs: 25" - same 
Chest: 41" - +1in
Weight: +9.7lb (54.7lbs from goal weight) - up 5 pounds since last week

Eek! Well, that's definitely not the direction that I wanted to see any of those numbers going - but it is reality and sometimes that happens as you figure this stuff out. All of these numbers were taken at 8 in the evening after eating and drinking all day - immediately after getting home from our lake trip - so I'm hoping the numbers are negatively inflated from travel and they'll be balanced back out by next week after a few normal days back at home with normal water intake and sleep, etc. 

xxfingers crossedxx that vacation bloat is all that this weight gain is - because even though my activity level was a little low (combined 20 hours in the car over 5 days) - and my water intake was low without my brita (relying on purchased water bottles in limited supply) - my calorie intake truly wasn't that bad! We'll see, after next week it may be time to pull out the big guns and sign up for weight watchers!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...