Saturday, June 29, 2013

Noah James

Official stats will come from the doc on Monday, but we did our best at home. (Lol, we were way off - doc stats in parentheses)
Weight: 12.5lbs (11lb6oz - 90th %ile)   Length: 22" (21" - 30-40th %ile)

It's hard to believe that you've already been with us for an entire month - on one hand it feels like just yesterday that you were kicking and rolling around inside of me and on the other it feels like you have always been a part of our lives. You were meant to be a part of this family and you fit so well! I'm so thrilled that I was blessed with the honor of being your mommy! I love you so much already little man!

In the last four weeks you've been busy:

- you rolled over from tummy to back (twice) when you were just three weeks old - but you haven't done it again since! I couldn't believe it and I might still question it if I hadn't watched you do it with my own eyes! I am amazed by how strong you are! 

- you hold your head up for way longer than I think you should be able to 

- you follow/track my voice and my finger as I move around you or from side to side

- you have gotten much, much better at nursing and I have to help hold you and the boob perfectly in place much less often than before - although we are having some issues with overactive let-down and you sometimes cough and choke - you are learning to control the flow much better though

- you've grown out of newborn clothes and are wearing 0-3 months exclusively, but you are still wearing your newborn cloth diapers but will be into the one-size soon (or a size one in a 'sposie)

- you've started sleeping one 5-6 hour stretch at night followed (or preceded) by a four hour stretch from the beginning of one feed to the next - this is very much appreciated by your mommy! Although a few nights, you have decided that 12-2 is party time, which is pretty rough on Mommy and Daddy both!

- you were really worrying us with your jaundice for the first week or so and you almost had to be admitted to the hospital to be put under the lights, but we nursed like crazy and prayed like crazy and your bilirubin levels dropped "like crazy" (way more than anyone expected) in the course of about 8 hours! Praise the Lord!

- Momma and Poppy babysat you while Mommy and Daddy had a much needed night out and you took your first bottle like a champ!

- you are starting to find your hands and will suck on them a little to help soothe yourself and you still have a hard time with the binky, but you've almost got it!

- your belly button stump is long gone and your circumcision is healing nicely (don't worry I won't talk about your junk here regularly!)

So far, you are a lot like your big brother, but very different from him too! You have a much bigger chest and shoulders and smaller hands, legs, and feet. You have a much stronger upper body than he did at this age, while he had stronger legs. You have a great mellow personality and you are happy to go along with whatever we do and you are very patient. You hardly ever cry, but when you do, you are loud and insistent letting us know that you are really hungry or upset - I'm glad to see that you are able to be so sweet but still make your needs known! I can't wait to see all of the amazing ways that you are going to continue to grow and develop over the next year and throughout your life! I thought that time went quickly when Owen was a baby, but like I've been told - time definitely goes into hyper-drive with your second baby and I am completely in awe that an entire month has already passed and I'm sure that I'll be thinking and saying the same things 11 months from now on your first birthday and every birthday after that! I love you soo, soo much Noah Bear! You have brought a whole new dimension to our family and I love you for making Owen a brother and making us parents again! I'm so excited to be raise you and your brother together and while I'm sure the two of you will be crazy at times - I'm loving the bond that you already share and I want to do everything I can to nurture that bond and make sure that you both cherish it!

I love you sweet boy! 
Love,
Mommy


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...