Monday, March 4, 2013

Medical Monday

I found a medical bloghop - I am sooo excited to have finally found a way to connect with other med families - whether those in med school, residency, fellowship (like J - the hubby), or in practice where ever and whatever specialties! I am just thrilled to connect with those in all parts of the journey.

A little quick overview of where we are in this whole med. life journey: J is in his first year of a 2 year fellowship in surgery for kiddos here in the Midwest, after a 6 year residency in gen. surgery back in the desert (where we met). I thankfully didn't have to be a part of the med school journey and got to jump in when I met J during his second year of residency. After a little break during his research year, we got together and then were engaged and married in 2010. Back in the desert, I was a Kindergarten teacher in a low income school district. We had our first son in August of 2011 at the beginning of J's chief year and then moved here to start fellowship when Owen was 10 months old (He's now 19 mo. and we are currently 25 weeks pregnant with baby boy #2 - who is due this June and will be named Noah). Adjusting after this transition has been hard, since all my family was back in the desert, but we only have about 16 more months of training before this whole training process is DONE and J will be able to start practicing! This blog is mostly about my life at home with Owen (soon to be starting preschool homeschool), dealing with minimal daddy/hubby time, and making it work (on a budget)! This life can be isolating at times and it's hard when the friends you make just don't quite get it, so I am thrilled to get to know you all!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Medical Mondays! We are thrilled to have you and I look forward to catching up on your blog! We are way ahead of you, but I know there are plenty of wives in Med Monday who are right there with you. It's tough, but life is good on the other end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Medical Mondays!!! New follower! Hubby is awaiting match for general surgery residency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with Medical Mondays today. I am glad you found us!!!! We are also in fellowship, but this is the final year. We start working this summer. I hope you will find many great friends through this blog hop - it's my favorite part. Congratulations on baby #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you from Medical Mondays. We are finishing up a one year fellowship. We just moved back West after nine years in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...