Tuesday, April 16, 2013

31 weeks


Baby's size: Pineapple [about 16.2 in., 3.3 lb.] - that is supposed to be the average - but we saw this week that Noah is anything but average!

How far along: 31 Weeks

Sleep: So-so - lots of midnight potty breaks, and Owen seems to be working on the 2 year molars that want to take about 80 billion years to break through and has been tossing and turning and waking up a lot at night - twice this week he was "up" from 2-5am rolling around, moaning, adjusting, etc. (of course after being transferred to our bed) - therefore making sure no one sleeps!

Maternity Clothes: Can't wait for it to warm up so I can start wearing some dresses and skirts! Starting to get to the point where pants roll down my belly and shirts roll up and then - HELLO belly! :)

Food cravings: None - although I totally pigged out this week at an All-You-Can-Eat Pizza Buffet!

Food aversions: None

Symptoms I HAVE: still dealing with yucky heartburn, plus having some inner thigh/pelvic muscle pain after I do a lot of walking and lots of tightness/sore muscles for a few days after a biggish workout or walk, and I have been eating ice like it is going out of style (all my blood work checks out fine) - clearly just upping that water intake and loving the (calorie-free) CRUNCH!

Doctor’s Appointment: So, like I said last week - we had an appointment with an ultrasound on Friday, because my fundal height was measuring about 3 weeks ahead - so my doctor wanted a growth ultrasound to check things out and GUESS WHAT! This kid is HUGE! On Friday, he measured 4 pounds 14 ounces (which the ultrasound machine labeled at 34w2d - and I was only 30w4 days!!!). Ultrasounds can always be off, but needless to say, even if it's a bit off - this guy is not on the small side, which accounts for everyone in the world thinking I should be giving birth any day now and not fitting into things, and the generally ginormity of my belly! They also said I had borderline high fluid levels, not enough to be concerned, but on the edge of normal - so that contributes to the huge belly too! He's also head down and the sonographer (is that what she is called?? Blogger doesn't think it's a word) commented on how much he moves!

Movement: We saw on the ultrasound that he's also head down, but that doesn't stop him from spinning circles moving that big booty all around from one side to the other and jabbing his feet into my ribs on a regular basis - even the sonographer (is that what she is called?? Blogger doesn't think it's a word) commented on how much he moves! Most days I get my kick counts in less than 10 minutes!

Belly Button: Innie

Gender: Baby Boy

Best moment of the week: Seeing Noah again - it's great to see that little heart beating and to know that he's doing well in there - even if he's starting to scare me as far as how I'm going to get him out of there!

What I’m looking forward to: Keeping on keeping on, I'm starting to get uncomfortable, but as it warms up I'm really working to be more active - I want to be as strong and healthy as possible going into this delivery - this is about the time that it would be really easy to start to give in to complaining about aches and pains and just generally stop liking being pregnant, but I want to enjoy the next 6-9 weeks we have as a family of 3, have lots of special Owen time, and just enjoy having Noah on the inside - I remember how much I physically missed Owen after he was born - it's something I couldn't have possibly understood without experiencing it, but after so long growing your baby on the inside, even holding him in your arms - he feels far away, and you have to share him with everyone else - right now - Noah is still all mine, and I want to enjoy it while it lasts!

What I miss: It's getting old feeling ache-y all the time, I miss going for a walk and feeling good afterwards instead of feeling exhausted and sore all over! This momma really needs to get back in shape, but there is only so much you can do with all these pregnancy hormones loosening up your joints!

{I borrowed the format for these entries from Eight Days a Week - who borrowed it from Finding Beauty in the Ordinary}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...