Tuesday, April 2, 2013

29 weeks

 

Baby's size: Acorn Squash [about 15.2 in., 2.5 lb.]

How far along: 29 Weeks

Sleep: Iffy, uncomfortable and waking to pee a lot, but Owen has been sleeping pretty well, so not having a toddler asleep on my face helps

Maternity Clothes: Belly starting to pop out of some of the shorter shirts - uh oh, still 11 weeks to go! Got a bunch of great new stuff that fits at BRU on clearance plus buy one get one 1/2 off - so it ended up being like $60 for over $200 of clothes! Yay!

Food cravings: None really - but J was on vacation this week so there was a lot of indulging and not much need to crave

Food aversions: Haven't noticed anything new

Symptoms I HAVE: heartburn and sleepiness

Doctor’s Appointment: Had a Doc appt. Friday and took my 1 hr glucose test - my Dr. says that I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead and she wants an ultrasound next time to check things out and I got a call Monday morning that I failed the glucose test Friday - so I had to take the 3hr today - boo :( - still hoping that maybe I passed this one (get results tomorrow - so we'll see)

Movement:This kid bounces around like crazy - started doing kick counts this week and it seems like it never takes more than 10 minutes to get my ten kicks - he definitely has active and calm periods, but when he's going he's going crazy!

Belly Button: Innie, but getting flatter

Gender: Baby Boy

Best moment of the week: J and I got to have our first overnight date in practically FOREVER - we went to see Oz at a dine in theater and stayed in a super cute hotel - it was awesome, but I really missed Owee!

What I’m looking forward to: Getting the results of that test tomorrow so I just know and can deal with it - either way - it's just so hard worrying and stressing and not knowing - I really don't want to have gestational diabetes again, but if I do, I just want to get on top of it and make sure it isn't an issue to take the best care of myself and Noah that I can.

UPDATE: My results are NORMAL! Hip-hip-HOORAY! Praise the Lord!


What I miss: I miss last week, when I completely believed that GD was a distant memory and not going to be an issue at all this time, I had been testing my blood sugar randomly and it had always been good, but I guess I just wasn't eating poorly enough to compare to the sugar test :( - unfortunately, I really, really wasn't expecting this!


{I borrowed the format for these entries from Eight Days a Week - who borrowed it from Finding Beauty in the Ordinary}


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...